Pages

Monday 29 September 2014

21 Journal Prompts [ Guest Post ]



Hi, I'm Elizabeth. You can usually find me writing at my lifestyle blog Life of Lovely. Thanks to Jenny for letting me share with your readers today.

Jenny has written before about how journaling can make you a better writer. I definitely agree that journaling is a great habit to develop.

Like lots of people, I had a hard time deciding what to write about when I first started to keep a journal. In fact, I have several journals that I started over the years and then completely abandoned. Although I had lots of things in my head, the words refused to come while I stared at the journal pages. This finally changed when I found a set of journal prompts to use. Now that I have developed a habit of writing, the ideas flow easier, but I still use prompts on some nights.

Having a suggestion about what to write helps you to explore ideas that you might not have thought about otherwise. It's a great way to learn more about yourself and your thoughts. You might be surprised to discover what you truly think about different topics.

Here are 21 journal prompts (3 weeks' worth) for those of you who want to begin keeping a journal or for those of you who already keep one and are looking for more ideas.

  1. Your greatest strength
  2. The person who is your biggest cheerleader
  3. The dream that fuels your passion
  4. Your ideal day
  5. One person you need to thank
  6. Where you feel most at peace
  7. One small thing that would change the world if everyone did it
  8. The book you want to recommend to all your friends
  9. A habit that you should change
  10. Something about you that would surprise people
  11. Your favorite way to relax
  12. The goals that you are working towards
  13. A question that you don't know the answer to
  14. The best thing that has happened this week
  15. Five ways that you can show others you care
  16. What is it that you truly want?
  17. The best way to handle stress
  18. A song that makes you feel like dancing
  19. Something you should eliminate from your life
  20. The people you can always turn to
  21. The last time you laughed so hard that you cried

I hope that these prompts help you to develop your writing habit and that you learn something new about yourself in the process!

Thanks again to Jenny for letting me spend time with your lovely readers! I'd love to get to know all of you better, so drop by to see me at Life of Lovely some time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and get back to every single comment you leave. Thank you for making my day!