Pages

Thursday 14 August 2014

Hot Cup of Inspiration; Candice Van Wye


It's the second installment of these entrepreneurial interviews. Each week we'll get to see another side of bloggers and creatives who have established their own businesses and gain inspiration and advice from them. 

If you missed the first installment with jewelry designer Alisha Nicole, you can check it out *here* Today I'm going to be chatting with Candice Van Wye. 

Candice is a multi-talented and multi-passionate blogger who has branched out in many different areas. Currently she runs 2 blogs and has her own businesses. -          Social Creative Studios: Blog Management, Copy+ Content Creation business -       Social Creative Styling: Personal Styling Business        
-       Brown Girl Bloggers: Collective site which showcases minority bloggers
-         Candice Van Wye; Her Personal Blog


Have you always been a 'writer?'

Yes, I've always been a writer. Even as a little girl I would write stories and read them to my little brother and my toys. I loved making up intricate backstories when I played games and I remember my brother being so angry that I took the time to write them down instead of just playing. 

When and why did you decide to start your personal blog?

I started my blog last May because I wanted to document my journey of moving after college but I didn't really start writing posts and taking it seriously until last October when I decided I would use it to launch my career as an entrepreneur. 

What was the ‘turning point’ for your blogs and your business.. when did they really start to flourish?

The turning point was when I realized I couldn't work for other people last year. That's when I got really aggressive in my approach and started taking everything seriously which then lead to more money and the ability to quit my job to write and pursue my businesses full time. 

What is the most empowering moment you've experienced through blogging?

The first time I got an email from someone saying my writing and my blogging had really touched their life. One girl was so afraid to go after her dreams and she was miserable but after reading my blog and seeing someone who looked like her go after a dream and succeed she decided to go for it. She's now very happy and she owns her own business. 

What motivates you to keep doing what you do?

The thought of using what I do to create the life I've always wanted. I know that if I put in the work now I'll be able to travel and have a totally location independent lifestyle with my husband in a few years. That dream is what keeps me motivated. I know I need to establish myself now and make enough money so that we can save and be in a good place when we're ready to live that way. 

How do you stay inspired?

By reading other blogs and talking with other women who are successful. Successful women have always motivated me. 

How do you manage 3 blogs & corresponding social media, any tips on time management?

You've got to set aside time to do everything. I map out everything - monthly, weekly and daily because little things change plans as you go along. It's all about scheduling. 

What's your advice to aspiring young writers and creatives out there?

Just do it! Don't wait for the perfect time because it will never come. Start when you think of it because if you do you'll be so much more prepared when you perfect time comes. Instead of just starting at that time you'll be in a position to take yourself to places you never imagined all because you already started, made mistakes and learned from them.

You can find Candice on twitter *here* and on Instagram * here*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and get back to every single comment you leave. Thank you for making my day!