Pages

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Hacked By Kate; Homemade Baby Wipes

 Hi everyone! I'm Kate and I blog over at Hacked by Kate. I'm really excited to be doing a guest post for Jenny because she has a really great blog and I'm happy to be a part of it! Because she is expecting I thought it would be fun to share my homemade baby wipes.

But first, I wanted to tell you just a little about myself. I am a wife and mom of three. I started blogging in 2010 when I was pregnant with my second child and I had just become a stay at home mom. I guess I thought I wasn't busy enough and wanted to start keeping track of everything we were doing to share with my family. It has since turned into so much more and I'm really enjoying it all!


After about a year of blogging only about my family I started to open up a little and started sharing recipes, crafts, DIY projects, etc that I tried out. I find so many awesome projects on Pinterest that I redo and make my own and because of that I recently changed my blog name to Hacked by Kate.

Ok, now, back to the baby wipes. A while back I was thinking about making my own baby wipes and so I turned to my trusted source, Pinterest. And of course it was not lacking, there were so many different ways that you could make your own. After browsing through quite a few that looked promising I put together the ingredients I thought worked best. Luckily, I had everything I needed except a container, but I was able to find one at the store.

http://www.hackedbykate.com/2014/08/diy-baby-wipes-with-viva-vantage.html

So gather your ingredients:
  • 1 container to keep your wipes in
  • 2 cups of boiled water- cooled to room temperature
  • 1 roll of premium paper towels- I use Viva because they are really strong
  • 2 Tbsp Baby Wash
  • 1 Tbsp Baby Oil
  1. You are going to start with cutting your paper towel roll in half. Remove cardboard roll.
  2. Mix your water, baby wash and baby oil together in the bottom of your container and swish it around to mix it.
  3. Then you will put your paper towels into the liquid, cut side down. Let it soak up all of the liquid.
  4. Now, with the lid on, flip your container over and let it soak all the way in.
  5. Pull a piece of paper towel from the middle to start your roll!
http://www.hackedbykate.com/2014/08/diy-baby-wipes-with-viva-vantage.html

http://www.hackedbykate.com/2014/08/diy-baby-wipes-with-viva-vantage.html

*One note* I typically go through wipes pretty quick, but one time when I didn't use as many after being gone on vacation, I came back to moldy wipes. They really have a shelf life of less than two weeks. Otherwise, I've had no problems.

And now you have your very own home made wipes that don't have a huge list of weird ingredients!

And thanks Jenny for having me! It's been great being here and I hope you'll check out Hacked by Kate for more of my projects.

8 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I bet it saves so much money, too! I may have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could definitely be a lifesaver when the store is closed and you've run out of wipes! It's also way more environmentally friendly (:

      Delete
  2. Holy smokes! I never knew this could be so easy! I had to run to the store last night right after bedtime because I used our last wipe. I could have made my own! I'm going to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why is it that you always run out of these things at the worst times!

      Delete
  3. This is very cool and interesting. It makes me wonder how many things we can recreate in our homes.

    xoxo
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the possibilities are pretty endless! I think sometimes it can be easy to get caught up in just how much we can buy in stores, but forget that we didn't always have the luxuries/conveniences we have today.

      Delete
  4. We get through tons of wet wipes when camping so I think I'll have to try this. Cool, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cool. I would never have thought to make my own.

    ReplyDelete

I read and get back to every single comment you leave. Thank you for making my day!